Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Thank you mom

I wanted to write a thank you card to my mother for all that she has done for Gary, Bryce and I over the last month + but I felt like a thank you card just wasn't enough.  How do you really show your gratitude to someone who has done so much for you?  It isn't easy.  Gifts? Thank yous?  It just doesn't seem like enough.  I decided that sharing my appreciation with the world would be the best next thing I could think of.


My mom has been here since October 25.  She came for our baby shower and always planned on staying until Christmas to help us with the new baby.  On November 17th we had Bryce and she was now a grandma.  She has been staying with us ever since and has done laundry, cleaned the house, did the dishes daily (our dishwasher had broke!), ran errands with me, helped out with Bryce daily and so much more!



Through the ups and downs of being a new mom she has been here.  She has been ever so helpful and reassuring through the entire 5 weeks of Bryce's life!  I can't imagine what life would have been like without her here.  Although I was a nanny for many years, being a mom is different.  It is a lot more.  Being a nanny has structure and plans.  Being a mom has unpredictability in the beginning stages.  Don't get me wrong, nannying did too, but in a different way.  I love that my mom was here to experience it all with me and the family.  We had days of laughter and days where we cried.  (I mostly cried... silly hormones!)  It was funny when I would cry.  I wasn't sure why I was crying but there I was.  My favorite memory was when I was trying to pump and feed at the same time (in the first week or two) and the milk spilled everywhere.  I started crying.  Then I said, "I can't believe I am crying over spilled milk."  We laughed and laughed.

The Fuhrmans have had quite a 2013 and my mom has been here through it all.  She has taken time out of her life to come be a part of ours so selflessly!  She is the best and I am forever grateful for her.

Mom, I know that not everything has been easy since dad passed away, but you have been so strong.  You could have taken so many paths in your life but you chose a good one.  I love how caring and thoughtful you are and how you are always there for us.  I know it makes you sad that dad can't be here to meet his grandson, but I know that he is smiling down on you because you have taken such good care of everyone.  I'm sure he just loves seeing all that we do and he is proud to have such a great wife, 2 daughters, a son, 2 son-in-laws and now a wonderful grandson.  He may never get to meet him in life but we will make sure to keep dad's spirit alive so that all his grand kids know who he was.

Thank you for all that you do and all that you are!  You are amazing and Bryce is so lucky to have you as a grandma!  We will miss you so much!  Love you to the moon and back!


xoxo

Jamie, Gary & Bryce

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...